Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 11: 31 Days of Horror: Village of the Damned (1960)


Like I was talking about during the Orphanage post, little kids in horror movies are creepy! Some of the creepiest kids are in Village of the Damned. The similar awful blond hairstyles and frightening glowing eyeballs that all the kids have makes them a bit unsettling to be around. Not to mention, all of them were mysteriously conceived while everyone in the village was under a deep sleep and all have the ability to brainwash any of the other villagers if they decide to stare into their eyes...



I can't decide what these children are. I think that they are aliens, but why do they all have to have such ugly hairstyles? A weird alien must have been responsible for impregnating all the women or a crazy evil scientist. The kids are clearly intellectually superior compared to the rest of the villagers. That, along with their ability to read minds, makes them a huge threat to the society.


This horror movie is awesome because Martin Stephens is in it. Martin plays David in the film and he is one of the best child actors I've ever seen. Another notable role he plays is Miles in The Innocents (1961). He really put himself into each of these roles and was absolutely believable in both of them, which is why the characters he plays are so petrifying.

2 comments:

LJR said...

Yeah, those glowing eyes totally creep me out. This movie gave me nightmares when I was a kid. ;-)

Kalli said...

I want to get contacts like that one year for Halloween lol

Post a Comment