Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nowhere Boy


I am a huge fan of the Beatles. I could listen to their music all day, every single day of my life, and never ever grow sick of it. I love it and I love all the members! I especially love John Lennon and I've been wanting to watch 'Nowhere Boy' (2009) for quite a while. Thankfully, I really enjoyed it.

The film focuses on John's life during his teenage years and it gives a backstory of his childhood. He was raised by his Aunt Mimi who, although stern, was very loving towards him. However, his life starts to change after his Uncle dies and his absentee mother shows up and ends up back into his life. It's her influence on him that makes him fall in love with music and want to start what would end up being one of the best bands, if not the best, of all time.

The film is said to be largely based off Imagine This: Growing Up With My Brother John Lennon, which was written by Lennon's half-sister Julia Baird. It focuses more on relationships that Lennon had while growing up than it does on anything else. The film is well done; it's well directed, it's artistic, and the acting is superb. I recommend this film to anyone looking for a great biopic to watch or anyone who loves John Lennon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment