Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday: Thelma Ritter


Thelma Ritter is one of the best actresses who ever lived. She was quick with the comedy and always put a lot of realism into her roles. She deserved more credit than she received, if you ask me. My favorite films with Thelma are: Rear Window (1954), The Misfits (1961), and The Mating Season (1951). All About Eve (1950) is pretty fantastic, too. If you've never watched a film with Thelma or feel like watching some more, then I would start with the ones that I've mentioned. You'll adore her!




2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm a huge fan of, Thelma Ritter. Rear Window, was my first Thelma Ritter film.

Kalli said...

Hi Dawn! I think Rear Window was the first Thelma Ritter one that I watched as well. I love that movie. Everyone is great in it. I also love Grace Kelly's dresses in that film. I wish I had them!

Post a Comment