Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Jack Lemmon & James Dean!


"It's magic time."

Jack Lemmon was born on February 8, 1925. He is one of my favorite actors of all time. Two of my favorite movies with him are Some Like it Hot (1959) and The Apartment (1960). Jack and these two movies are the main reason why I fell in love with classic films. That is why Jack will always be one of my favorites. He really put himself into the shoes of whatever character he played. That's what made him so awesome! How can you not laugh at this man when he plays Daphne in Some Like it Hot?! I think it may be impossible. How can you not sympathize with him when he plays C.C. Baxter?! Again, it may be impossible. Happy birthday Jack Lemmon, thanks for the great films!


James Byron Dean was born on February 8, 1931. He is also one of my favorite actors of all time. He is so handsome, funny, and interesting! I am watching my two favorite movies with him: East of Eden (1955) and Rebel Without a Cause (1955) later tonight in his honor. James was so talented! Like, Lemmon, he really became the character he played. I loved him as Cal Trask in East of Eden. John Steinbeck was said to have thought that James was the perfect choice for Cal. I completely agree with him. If you haven't read the novel yet, I highly recommend it. The movie basically consists of half of the novel. 


I love this picture of James. Mainly because he looks so relaxed in it. Also, I love all the books. He's so cute. 

1 comments:

Kori said...

Wow what a hunk James Dean was...great post! Thanks for the comments on my Disney post honey. I really appreciate the feedback and hope you are having a great week! Kori xoxo

Post a Comment