Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days of Horror: Day 6: The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1993)


Never, I repeat, NEVER let a child watch this movie! I snuck and watched it when I was around 5 or 6 years old when my grandma was taking care of me. I was at her neighbor's house and the kids were around my age. We saw the tape lying around and decided that we had to find out what all the fuss was about. I still remember going to the movie theater around the time this movie was being released. They had huge dinosaur heads and dinosaurs hanging from the ceiling with a tropical forest! Who wouldn't remember something that awesome?


We were all sitting there, enjoying the movie a lot at first. It wasn't until the T-Rex came along and was ripping up the Jurassic Park jeep that we all freaked out, but we couldn't stop watching! No, we continued to watch, despite being petrified. I'm still not sure where the kids' parents were when we were watching this movie. If they were at home, we would have scared the hell out of them the way we were screaming!


I remember how scared I was to go to sleep after watching that movie. I was convinced that a T-Rex was going to come around and tear the roof off of my house! I can still imagine it, seeing a glowing T-Rex eye in my window, it's sharp teeth and massive head! So scary!


The scene with the raptors really got to me, too. Together, they're equally as frightening as the T-Rex. Just look at the speed those raptors have when they jump! They've got huge spiky claws that could easily rip you to shreds! Keep away, raptors, keep away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment