Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

RIP: Cary Grant


Archibald Leach (Cary Grant) died 24 years ago today. He suffered from a major stroke before he was going to attend his show 'An Evening with Cary Grant.' He was 82 years old. I love his movies, especially the Hitchcock ones. Notorious is my favorite with North by Northwest coming in second. I do love his screwball comedies, particularly The Philadelphia Story, Monkey Business, Bringing Up Baby, and His Girl Friday. An Affair to Remember is a nice romantic film with him, too. If you haven't watched a Cary Grant movie yet or haven't watched one in a while, those are some of my suggestions for you.









2 comments:

Tom said...

I didn't realize it has been so long. I think my favorite of his films is None But the Lonely Heart.

Kalli said...

Hi Tom, I haven't watched that one yet! I'll have to add it to my list.

Post a Comment