Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

RIP: Oscar Wilde


Today marks the 110th anniversary of one of the best authors to have ever lived in this world, Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde. What a name and what a truly amazing author he was. The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorite novels of all time. It's dark, twisted, and absolutely brilliant. You'll have to read the novel to find out why this is. You may also want to watch one of the films based off the novel. The 1945 one is great, but Dorian doesn't look how I pictured him. The young Helmut Berger definitely looked more of how I pictured the character. He played him in Dorian Gray (1970). I don't know anything about that movie or Helmut, but seeing his picture was enough for me. Rest in peace, Oscar Wilde, thanks for the haunting story of Dorian Gray.

Helmut Berger

0 comments:

Post a Comment