Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to William Holden and Me!



It's my birthday and I'm excited because it's also William Holden's. He is one of my favorites! Maybe I'll watch Sunset Boulevard, Sabrina, or the Country Girl now. I won't have time to tomorrow! I'm hoping the weather is beautiful tomorrow. It should be a fun time anyway!



This is one of my favorite scenes with Bill Holden and of all the "I Love Lucy" episodes.  This episode is called "LA at Last." In the episode, the Ricardos and the Mertzes arrive to Hollywood. While Ricky is off rehearsing, Lucy and the Mertzes end up going to a restaurant called The Brown Derby, which is a popular spot where celebrities hangout and dine. There, they end up being seated next to William Holden. Watch the scene to see what happens!

I learned something new about Bill Holden. He was very passionate about the conservation of wildlife. I found an adorable picture of him with his friend Batian, who is a cheetah. Unfortunately, I am not able to post the picture. However, you can learn more about Batian the cheetah by clicking here. This website also has the cute picture that I was talking about! There is a Wildlife Foundation that was made to continue Holden's support of wildlife, if you would like to learn more about it or would like to donate to the foundation, click here.




3 comments:

Loes said...

Happy Birthday to you, Kallim!! I hope you'll have a swell day :D Nice that you share it with Mr. Holden!

Tom said...

Happy Birthday Kallim!

Kalli said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, both of you!

Post a Comment