Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blood for Dracula (1974)



I'm always watching strange movies, but I think Blood for Dracula (Andy Warhol's Dracula) may take the cake as the strangest film that I've watched so far this year. It made me laugh a lot. A lot of scenes played out like a weird soap opera, which made me wonder why I was watching it, yet I kept watching. Udo Kier is hysterical and awesome as Count Dracula!



Count Dracula is in need of some virgin (pronounced 'wirgin' in the film) blood. If he doesn't receive it soon, then he will surely die. His assistant convinces him that in order to find some virgin blood fast; the two must pack up Count's coffin and quickly move to Italy. He thinks Italy will be full of virgins due to how religious the families are there. However, once Count is there, he finds that it's much more difficult to find a virgin bride than he thought it would be. 


This film is very campy, weird, and awesomely terrible. It's not meant to be taken seriously at all. It's absolutely ridiculous. I think it's safe to say that this film will offend some people, which is why I would recommend approaching this film with caution. The acting is poor, but I think that's what makes the film worth watching because it's so funny. There's also quite a bit of nudity in this film, so if you're offended by nudity, I'm 100% positive that this film will offend you. Also, if you are disgusted by fake blood, this may bother you. I, however, thought that the parts with the fake blood were pretty hilarious. If you're looking for a non-scary, crappy cult film, then look no further than Blood for Dracula. You'll love it. You'll also love it if you are looking for some male eye-candy; Joe Dallesandro is yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment