Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Birthday: Heath Ledger



Happy Birthday, Heath! I was working on an animation project the day that Heath died. I remember my professor telling me that he had heard that Heath died after I asked him why the Internet was moving much slower than usual. I didn't believe him and told him that he must have gotten the name confused, seeing as Heath was only 28. However, my professor was extremely insistent that he heard it was him. He went to his own computer in his office to look because it must have been on a different Internet connection. I knew that it was true before he came back because a webpage finally worked and Heath's death was the first news story.


I first saw Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You (1999). I had a huge crush on him after that! He was adorable in that movie. How he sang to Julia Stiles' character and the date scene with the paintballs! Definitely one of my favorite movies back in Junior High.


As for Heath's best role, I'd have to say, he was brilliant as the Joker in Dark Knight. I saw the film in the IMAX two or three times, when it first came out. The insane laugh and the mannerisms were fantastic. I was thinking about his mannerisms and voice and I think that he was influenced a bit by Jack Lemmon's character as Daphne in Some Like it Hot (1959). Does anyone else recognize any similarities?




0 comments:

Post a Comment