Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

RIP: Gary Coleman & Dennis Hopper

It seemed wrong and unfair to say R.I.P. to only one, so I had to say both. Gary Coleman died from after suffering a brain hemorrhage at the age of 42 on May 28, 2010. Dennis Hopper died after a long battle against prostate cancer at the age of 74 earlier today on May 29, 2010.

I remember watching "Diff'rent Strokes" re-runs when I was a child. I haven't seen it in a while, but I have great memories of it. It saddens me how the three kids' lives turned out in real life. One died from a drug overdose at a young age, one ended up in jail, and now another one who has died at too young of an age.


When I think of Dennis Hopper, I think of the two films that I've seen him in: Rebel Without a Cause (1955) and Blue Velvet. I've also seen Giant (1956), but it's not a movie that I really think about because it makes me so sad. 

Hopper had a small role in Rebel, but it's still awesome that he was in it. I love that movie. His character in Blue Velvet (1986) frightens me and I read that he claimed to have asked to play the part because he felt he was like that character in real life... R.I.P. Dennis Hopper. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment