Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Disney Classics


Every year, Disney and Disney-Pixar films are nominated or winning more than one important film award. This year, for example, Tangled and Toy Story 3 were nominated in the Animation category, with Toy Story 3 winning the category. Tangled was also nominated for Best Original Song "I See the Light." Alice in Wonderland was nominated for three Golden Globes: (1) Best Motion Picture-Comedy or Musical, (2) Best Actor in a Motion Picture: Johnny Depp, and (3) Best Original Score: Danny Elfman.

While I personally think that the nominating and winning processes of important film awards are usually rigged, I do not think that this is the case when it comes to Disney films. I truly think that all Disney films deserve all of the attention that they get. These films tell timeless stories, have fantastic scores, and can be enjoyed by both the young and the old. I will be doing a Disney Classics segment. I'm going to try to do at least one a week. Due to my hectic schedule and life at the moment, I can't do a full week's worth, but I'll do my best to talk about as many awesome Disney films as possible! You could be missing one and that is just awful and clearly unacceptable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment