Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Filming in the Chi



I love the city that I live in! It has given me the opportunity to see different films and television shows filming almost every single summer that I've lived downtown. I just finished watching Channing Tatum film a small stunt for his upcoming film Jupiter Ascending, directed by the Wachowski siblings. It was super exciting! I watched his stunt double do some very impressive stunts this past weekend and I also saw Mila Kunis. Sean Bean is also in this film and I would love to see him! Ned Stark is one of my favorite characters from Game of Thrones and he played him perfectly! Wouldn't mind seeing Eddie Redmayne either.


Past movies that I've seen being filmed here include The Dark Knight (2008) and Public Enemies (2009). During the Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan was so cool, he allowed a bunch of fans to watch scenes and take pictures, as long as they didn't use flash. I met Gary Oldman that day, which was so fun! He was so nice and I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and he gave me an autograph. He signed it Gary Oldman and Sirius with a little paw print. I wish that I could have met or at least seen Heath Ledger.

I didn't get to see Christian Bale until he was filming Public Enemies, which was surreal. He was standing there before they shot the Dillinger death scene. The whole street had been transformed to look like old Chicago, so cool. He is so handsome! I also saw Johnny Depp and I about died because he was riding in the back of one of those Suburban's with the tinted windows, rolled the window down, stuck his head out, and waved to all of us with a huge smile on his face. Oh, Johnny, I will never forget that!

I've seen some other films and television shows filming, but the above have been my favorites so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment