Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Post

Happy New Year! Life has been extremely busy for the past few weeks. It was nice seeing a lot of family and watching some great holiday classics. I must say, I think I have a little bit of an obsession with It's a Wonderful Life. I cannot even recall how many times I ended up watching it! I was lucky enough to go to a theatre to watch it on the big screen. It's a holiday tradition at the theatre I went to and people sure get into it! There was a lot of Christmas carol singing before the movie commenced. Santa Claus was the leader of the singing, of course. Once the movie started, I was very excited. People cheered once George Bailey came on the screen, hissed when Potter appeared, and rang bells for Clarence. What a joyful time all of us had!




I celebrated New Year's Eve with both my family and friends. My parents go to bed early, so I went out with my friend's to celebrate around 11. Had quite a good time and ran into some kids that I grew up with. What movie did I decide to watch when I got back to my house in 2010? Billy Wilder's film, The Apartment, starring the fabulously talented Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine.

I absolutely adore this film and it is actually the film that got me interested in Classic Films in the first place. I fell in love with Jack Lemmon right away because of how adorable C.C. Baxter was when he was trying to gain the affection of Shirley MacLaine's character, Fran Kubelik. Also, the script for the film, which was written by Billy Wilder and I.A.L. Diamond, is spectacular. Those two together are comedic geniuses. I cannot think of a screenwriting duo that I love more than them. If you have not yet seen this film, I highly recommend giving it a watch. You shouldn't be disappointed.




"Shut up and deal."

0 comments:

Post a Comment