Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cary Grant Day: Look Out! There's a Plane Chasing You!


Guess what movie I'm seeing later today! If you couldn't guess from the picture above, then today should be the day that you watch Hitchcock's North by Northwest (1959) because you're really missing out. I'm watching it in a park on the big screen for free! Cary Grant on the big screen is like heaven. I went to a film festival that was showing a newly restored North by Northwest and Martin Landau was the guest speaker. If you want to read about that experience, read this blog post that I wrote last year in April. I also talk about listening to Robert Osbourne from TCM and Eva Marie Saint discussing North by Northwest. I love the city I live in, free movies in multiple parks all summer long and amazing events all year round! 

When I get back from the movie, I'm going to watch some more Cary Grant movies. Not sure which ones, I'm feeling like Notorious (1946), The Philadelphia Story (1940), and Monkey Business (1952). Knowing me, I might change my mind and watch To Catch a Thief (1955), but you can't go wrong with any Cary Grant movie, can you?






0 comments:

Post a Comment