Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday: Billy Wilder!


I've had one of the craziest days of my life today. It was one strange event after the next. Billy Wilder would have found it hilarious. I can't go completely into my day on here because it was that insane. Basically, I had a very frightening plane ride, an extremely odd interview experience, random train ride with psychos, and an interesting encounter with an olympic ice skater that looked like Bam Bam (from the Flintstones!).

I'm going to try to watch some Wilder films tonight. Not sure which ones, but how can I not watch Some Like it Hot (1959), Sabrina (1954), The Apartment (1960), Avanti! (1972) and Sunset Boulevard (1950)? I'm obviously going to have to extend his birthday celebration to be able to watch all of these. Happy Birthday, Billy! Thanks for some of my favorite films of all time!









Yeah, yeah. I know Billy Wilder isn't in the picture, but he at least directed movie. I just love the picture because I want her outfit and Bill Holden looks so cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment