Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 Days of Holiday Classics: Nightmare Before Christmas


Although I am missing my 31 Days of Horror, as well as fall in general, I feel like getting into the Christmas spirit. I'm not completely straying away from my monsters and ghouls yet though. I love Nightmare Before Christmas! In fact, I love it so much that I currently decided to decorate my apartment with both Christmas and Halloween decorations. I have a couple of Jack-O'-Lanterns and a small Christmas tree with ornaments on it. I love all of the decorations.

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) is about a skeleton, Jack Skellington, from Halloweentown who accidently stumbles upon Christmas Town. Once he sees Christmas Town, he becomes obsessed with the holiday and tries to find out as much about it as possible. He falls in love with it and decides that he, the Pumpkin King, will be Santa Claus this year. He sends some kids to capture Santa and keep him hostage in Halloweentown while he goes out to deliver presents to children. Jack thinks that he's giving Santa a much needed break, but he ends up scaring him instead and accidently putting him in danger of being eaten by Oogie Boogie. However, Jack realizes that he has made a terrible mistake trying to put on Christmas, so he returns to Halloweentown just in time to find out that Santa is being tortured by the terrible Oogie Boogie. Will he be able to both save Santa from being killed and Christmas from being ruined? Watch to find out!

I love the music and stop-motion animation of Nightmare Before Christmas. It's all spectacular. Who is my favorite character besides Jack Skellington? Zero the dog, of course. Do yourself a favor and watch this film, it's truly a visual and musical masterpiece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment