Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

25 Days of Holiday Classics: The Polar Express: Day 18


The Polar Express (2004) is another classic. I like it mainly because I grew up hearing the story and it's a wonderful story. The author of the book, Chris Van Allsburg, is from my hometown. I can visualize the Polar Express pulling up into my neighborhood and it's fantastic. The movie is about a boy who has been doubting the existence of Santa Claus for the first time this year. However, during the night on Christmas Eve, he is awoken by the sounds of a loud magical train. He boards it and realizes that it is heading to the North Pole to Santa's home. On the train, he meets a lot of friends with whom he ends up embarking on a series of adventures with. He also learns more about himself and the wonder of life in general.

0 comments:

Post a Comment