Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Looper (2012)

If you're looking for a Sci-fi action movie that's well done, then look no further than Looper. I really liked this movie. It has an interesting storyline, action, but not too much blood.


Looper is set in the future around the year 2042. Time travel has been created and a lot of shady business goes down because of it. By the year 2074, mobs begin using the time travel devices to capture those who they want to murder and send them back to an assigned Hitman (the Looper) who shoots and kills whoever is sent back. However, things start to get weird for some of the hitmen if the mob decides to transport hitmen's future selves back to their present selves, which is called 'closing the loop.' Joe the Looper has to deal with this experience, but his experience gets a bit out of hand when his former self arrives.


I don't want to go too much into the story because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I hardly knew anything about this movie before deciding to watch it. I had watched a few trailers, but didn't read any reviews before watching and I'm happy I did that. All I'm going to say is that the little kid in the movie who plays Cid gives a brilliant performance. One of the best I've ever seen and I've watched a ton of movies. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis, Jeff Daniels, and Emily Blunt all give great performances, too, but not as great as the kid. He was the star!

0 comments:

Post a Comment