Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 26: 31 Days of Horror: A Nightmare on Elm Street


One, two, Freddy's coming for you... A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) is the one Krueger film worth watching. A group of teens finds themselves having horrific nightmares. Strange thing is, they all seem to include the same thing, a severely burned man wearing a ripped red and green sweater who has knives for fingernails. At first, the teens just think he's a scary guy, but harmless since he's only in a nightmare. You can't seriously get hurt from something in a nightmare, right? Wrong, Freddy Krueger is the boogieman and he is able to brutally murder you in your dreams. No teen is safe! Will any of them survive? Watch and find out!

I love the techno music that blasts in the background whenever Freddy appears. I love the overflow of the ridiculous and unnecessary amount of blood that gushes from the victims when he slaughters them. I love that this is the film that got Johnny Depp started with his career as an actor. This is a slasher film that is awesomely 80's, humorous, and fabulous.

2 comments:

Kori said...

Can you believe I've never seen these? I know, crazy right? I am showing Nightmare before Christmas to my classes tomorrow, so excited. Thanks for the sweet comments on today's post honey. I always appreciate the support and hope you will visit again! Have a great Friday doll. Kori xoxo

Kalli said...

First time I saw this movie was after prom during my Junior year of high school. I watched it with some friends and my high school boyfriend and I remember being so freaked out, but realizing that it was actually pretty ridiculous. You should watch it when you have a chance. Who can resist seeing a young Johnny Depp?! Actually, Johnny Depp at any age is worth seeing.

Your class is so lucky! That movie is awesome! Jack Skellington is my favorite and I love the music.

I still can't believe that idiot! I'm so happy that you figured it out soon though. A much better guy is out there.

Post a Comment