Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn has Arrived: 31 Days of Horror Begins!


It's the start to my favorite month! I've already been enjoying honey crisp apples, apple crisp, apple cider, and pumpkin spice lattes. I haven't started all of my horror films yet. Although, I kind of watched a few during September. 31 days of horror will begin tonight! I'm debating about what I will be watching first. I think I'm going to either go with The Innocents or The Devil's Backbone (El espinazo del diablo). I've watched The Innocents, but haven't watched it since last October and I've missed it!

The Devil's Backbone (2001) will be a new one for me and I'm sure it won't disappoint. Spanish horror films happen to be extremely scary! According to my friend from Mexico, Spanish horror films and stories are so frightening because of their cultural beliefs. I was then told a horrific story about a dead grandmother haunting someone's family, which reminded me a bit of Más negro que la noche. Also, The Devil's Backbone is directed by Guillermo del Toro. I really enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth (El laberinto del fauno) by him because of the amount of imagery and artistry it displayed, as well as the imaginative storyline it possessed. I'm excited to watch something else he's done!

I've got a new job now since I've graduated from college and I'm so excited about it! I'm going to be an accountant! This shouldn't effect my 31 Days of Horror because I'm an insomniac. Also, I'm already planning to go to some horrific haunted houses with my friends and enjoy some other fall festivities around the neighborhood. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment