Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 7: 31 Days of Horror: The Changeling


The Changeling (1980) is another ghost story. It's about a man who has just lost his wife and daughter after they were tragically killed before his eyes. The man, trying to cope with his sorrow, as well as focus more on his career as a composer, decides to move a different house. He buys an old, large, and secluded mansion, which holds the secret to an extremely dark past. He does not realize this until strange things start occurring around the house and he realizes that he is not the only one in the house. The house is still home to the spirit of a murdered child whose disturbing past and deceit has been silenced for many years by a well-known and respected man. The spirit does everything to make the man aware of what happened to him and for him to help him finally be at peace.

This film is very scary! It's also creepy, psychological, and sad. If you want to experience the full scary effect of this film, then watch it in a dark room with no interruptions. Except, I totally recommend having another person there to watch it with. Last time I watched this, it was with a now ex-boyfriend. We were both freaked out from the film and I would have been even more freaked out if he wasn't there. However, some time after we watched it, I ended up having a terrible nightmare involving a scene in this film and I haven't been able to watch it again since. Actually, my nightmare was even scarier than the movie. I'm afraid to watch the film again because I don't ever want to have a nightmare like that again! I'll probably end up watching it though. Watch this, if you dare!

0 comments:

Post a Comment