Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 17: 31 Days of Horror: Psycho


It's wise to stay away from men who are overly obsessed with their mothers. Psycho (1960) taught me this lesson when I first watched it as a young child. I watched it without my parents knowing when I was about six or seven years old. I had no idea who Hitch was then (seems unimaginable now because he's one of my favorites), but I remember watching this and loving it. It's still one of my favorites!

For those of you who still haven't seen this film, don't worry, there's still time! Just know, you're missing out big time for not having seen it yet. It's about a woman, Marion Crane, (Janet Leigh) who has been having an affair with a handsome man, Sam Loomis. She wants desperately to run away with him and to get married, but they have no money because Sam is stuck paying alimony checks. So, one day, her boss gives her $40,000 to go deposit for the company. Instead of depositing it, she feigns being sick, leaves the office, and takes off with it in hopes of using it to begin a new life with Sam. However, things don't quite go as planned once she has to stop and stay at the Bate's Motel due to a heavy rainstorm. Something about the man, Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins), who is running the motel, just doesn't seem to be right. Does it have something to do with his overly possessive mother or is it something else? One can only find out by watching the film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment