Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 10: 31 Days of Horror: M


M (1931) directed by Fritz Lang and starring Peter Lorre as the fictional child-murderer Hans Beckert is a German crime/thriller film. However, I'm including it as a horror film because it's about a serial killer. A serial killer is always creepy and disturbing, especially one who murders children. In this film, the police are having a difficult time catching the child-murderer. So, a bunch of criminals decide to help out with the manhunt.

I love this film. It's incredibly well done. Peter Lorre is perfect in it because he acts so awkward and creepy. Especially when he whistles the freaky whistling tune, "In the Hall of the Mountain King."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This film didn't impress me for some reason. At the beginning I was excited about watching it, but then it just started getting boring in my opinion.

Kalli said...

Did you watch the whole thing? Maybe you should try re-watching it again. I've found that some movies I first thought were boring, weren't boring at all. Except for Citizen Kane, I still can't get into that.

Post a Comment