Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

An Affair to Remember (1957)


'An Affair to Remember' is about  Nickie Ferrante (Cary Grant), a notorious playboy who is en route to New York City to marry a wealthy heiress, Lois. On the ship, he meets Terry (Deborah Kerr), who has a wealthy fiance, Kenneth (Richard Denning), waiting to marry her once she arrives. The two meet on the first day and find that they enjoy talking to each other.


The two start spending a lot of time together on the ship. Always running into each other, whether they are eating, swimming, or walking around on it. After Nickie takes Terry along with him to meet his grandmother, the two realize that they have fallen in love. Before disembarking, the two decide that they will meet each other in 6 months atop the Empire State Building, giving them both time to end their engagements and to change their lives around, so that they can be together. You must watch to see what happens!



I didn't think it was possible. However, it apparently is. I just fell even more in love with Cary Grant after watching him in this. He and Deborah Kerr were perfect together! I'll admit, this movie made me cry. Maybe I'm becoming a hopeless romantic, I'm not sure. I recommend watching this film, even if you aren't the hopeless romantic. The dialogue is witty and it's humorous. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment