Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday: Maureen FitzSimons O'Hara


Today marks Maureen's 90th birthday. In her honor, TCM has devoted all of today to only her movies. At 5:45 EST, The Parent Trap (1961) will be showing. This is one of my personal favorites, having watched it since a child. My grandma used to watch it with me and today is actually the 4th anniversary of her death, so I'd like to watch it in remembrance.

The Quiet Man (1952) will follow after The Parent Trap, starting at 8:00 EST. I have not seen this one before, but I've been told good things about it. I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's a perfect day to watch movies because it's quite gloomy outside.

Today, Maureen resides in Glengarriff, County Cork, Ireland. She is very passionate about her country, acting, and her films. By 2012, she plans to open a Legacy Center, which will be located in Glengarriff. To learn more about the Center, her current lifestyle, and a bit about her past, be sure to listen to and watch this interview that she gave yesterday.










0 comments:

Post a Comment