Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

The 39 Steps (1935)


Oh, Hitchcock, you've done it again! Believe it or not, I watched The 39 Steps for the first time this weekend. Love that the Hitchcockian motifs are in this film as well. I wish I could see the play version of this, I bet it's awesome.


The 39 Steps is about a man, Richard Hannay, who leaves to go on vacation in England. When there, he unwillingly gets involved with a murder. He is then accused of committing the murder himself. As a result, he is forced to go on the run to save himself, as well as stop a spy ring from obtaining top secret information.


The 'innocent man' in Hitchcock films is one of my favorite motifs. It plays out spectacularly in this film. It sure would be awful to be the one in the innocent man's shoes, but it sure is entertaining to watch one of them deal with the situation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment