Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Unfaithfully Yours (1948)


Oh, how I love a witty black comedy. Unfaithfully Yours is very funny. Unless, of course, you don't like dark comedies. If you do like them, then you must watch this film as soon as possible!

Unfaithfully Yours is about a man who is convinced that his wife is having an affair with a man younger than himself. While he is conducting his orchestra, he imagines several scenarios about how he might deal with the affair. Once the symphony is over, he ends up trying out one of his fantasies. However, it doesn't work out as he imagined it to.

I can't get over how funny this movie was. I just randomly decided to watch this earlier and I'm glad that I did. It does seem to feel a bit slow as the film gets near the end, but the beginning and middle are fantastic. This is my second favorite film with Rex Harrison now. My first favorite is The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947). Rex sure was a funny guy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment