Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)



Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one weird movie. Of course, I expected this, but still, it is extremely strange. I was entertained the entire time while I was watching it. It made me laugh quite a bit too. I have never read the book that it's based on, but I've heard it's definitely worth reading.


Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is the film adaptation of Hunter S. Thompson's wild drug induced adventures across Western America with his psychotic lawyer. The two experience a lot of strange and frightening hallucinations.

I liked this film quite a bit because it was humorous and strange. Johnny Depp is a very quirky character and gives a fantastic performance. Benicio Del Toro is creepy and funny and is great in the film as well. The colors and lighting used in this film make a lot of the scenes look incredible. The puppet like things in the film are pretty terrible looking, but I think that was done on purpose due to the subject matter the film is focusing on. If you don't mind using your imagination while watching a film, then be sure to check out Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment